Monday 29 November 2010

Hospitality Launch


I'm back in the office after a particularly nasty bout of man-flu. It seems to be going around so I hope everyone is ok. Its always amazes me how many men are beginning to think 'man-flu' is a legitimate term for a special type of flu. You know we're mocking you don't you boys?


I think I became run down after a seriously manic few months. I am loving my job at the moment - there is so much to do, and create and sell! But it appears I am not superwoman and that even I need to take my foot off the pedal sometimes.

Recently I have been working on some really interesting projects surrounding the RHS Chelsea Flower Show - namely looking at various brands we can link with the run joint promotions, or work alongside with at the show as the official operators. Over the last couple of weeks I have hosted some pampering evenings for my clients in various L'Occitane boutiques, which were a fantastic success and brought me a lot closer to my hospitality bookers.

The first event was held at the beautiful Covent Garden boutique on a crisp winter evening, and the buzz of the market square really added to that Christmas shopping ambience. Guests were greeted on the door with a glass of Champagne and selection of canapes, and invited to browse the shelves or opt for a treatment. We had around 50 ladies join us over the 2 floors and the atmosphere was very much that of a girls' night out. It was great to catch up with some friendly faces and finally put a name to those I have been working with for a while (one of which I had not met in 2 years!).

As ever, I gave the dreaded speech. I was less nervous than earlier in the year when I first held an event of this kind - but I don't think I will ever get used to public speaking. I had some kind words from clients before going up there which helped, but the ubiquitous champagne did its job and off I went.

Camilla Hutchinson (Sodexo PR) had prepared an A -Z of the RHS Chelsea Flower Show for us (which I will add seperately) - and I read a few excerpts from that along with a few points about the hospitality village and some of the changes that are taking place in 2011. It didn't last long as we were all keen to get our shop on and take advantage of the exclusive discount L'Occitane had offered us for the evening. Guests also received goodie bags to take home and I believe the boys took some home for their girlfriends too.

L'Occitane are operating a corporate gift service, which I will certainly be using myself for some of Sodexo's clients. For more information please visit their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment